An Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) is a university qualified allied health professional, who specialises in the delivery of exercise and lifestyle programs for healthy individuals and those with a broad range of chronic conditions.
Accredited Exercise Physiologist's (AEP) work as part of an interdisciplinary team to assist patients in achieving their health goals. Eligible patients can be referred to an AEP under a GP Management Plan and a Team Care Arrangement (MBS Item 721 and 723), and for individual or group allied health services chronic disease management plan (MBS Item 10953 and 81100-81125 respectively). Clients may be eligible for Medicare, Workcover, Veterans Affairs, TAC and Health Insurance rebates for Exercise Physiology (AEP) services.
Working with an Accredited Exercise Physiologist can:
- Reduce the amount of fatal heart attacks by up to 50%
- Help reduce recover from cancer treatment quicker
- Improve the breathing of those with lung disease by 70%
- Reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes by almost 60%
- Help combat depression and the effects of medication
- Improve recovery rate after surgery
- Reduce the pain and increase movement of those with osteoarthritis
- Help manage your chronic pain
- Help with postpartum recovery
• • •
* These treatments are claimable on Private Health Insurance